Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Goodbye Lindy

Goodbye Lindy

Its been about a year since my cat Lindy went to sleep. I'm still feeling guilty over the decision. Is this normal to feel like this so long afterwards?

I think it is.
    I think when you make the call to put them down, and you loved them tremendously, I wonder if it ever really goes away. All the "what-if's" and "did I do it too soon" questions over and over. When I seriously remembr the time with my favorite dog, Tobin, I KNOW I was making the right decision, so why now, years later do I think..."well maybe she could have hung on a little longer"...it's just our crazy minds at work. The grief is so intense and the more difficult issue of YOU actually causing the end and causing your own grief...well, it just plays with your head.

Know that if you did it, it was the most selfless act you could do and it was time, beause there was no way you would have put yourself through that otherwise. I try to remember that when my head starts going like yours does.

You'll be ok...and you did the right thing.

Its hard to lose those you care about, especially when you are the one who brings it about. She was a funny cat, she bit everyone who tried to touch her except me. I rescued her and I think in a way she knew it too.

My wife absolutly hated her.
    Everything not nailed down is a cat toy, everything else is a scratching post.

The one thing I have learned about having to euthanize a pet...the pet's person knows when the time is right. You knew more about your cat than anyone and when you could see that there was no longer the quality to your cats life that she deserved, you helped her.

It was the right thing, and you were with her at the end. Our pets know how much we love them. It is normal to think about them and grieve, but you have to reason to feel guilty.

I think its deffinatly normal, three years ago I put down my old dog at age 17 after she suffered a stroke. To this day I still feel deep guilt and question if I couldn't have done more. But even my vet has told me I did the right thing, and deep down I know I did too, but I don't think I will ever feel good about what occured in that fateful day.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

Thanks everyone, its good to know that I am not alone in this.
    Everything not nailed down is a cat toy, everything else is a scratching post.

It is normal and like everybody said, you did the right thing.
    Animals always become best friends.

Don't feel guilty and don't blame yourself. I m sorry for your loss. I think its happened normal because its all in God's hand, we are nothing against God's power. You should trying to deal with your grief. There are many grief counselings which helps you lot.
    I understand your feelings but trying to be normal.
    My condolences for you.

Its so hard to say goodbye to our animal friends.
    [URL=www.howtodjs.com]How to DJ[/URL][URL=www.global-djs.net]DJ Agency[/URL][URL=www.urban-djs.net]DJ Agency[/URL][URL=www.mp3kick.com]Free MP3 Download[/URL][URL=www.djagencies.com]DJ Agency[/URL][URL=www.mobile-djs.net]Mobile Discos[/URL]