Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

i have a rather big problem

right i got my cat a few weeks ago now and my brother got the other two of the litter, we all got told that they were all female. but now we aint to sure because the one i have got is a lot more playful and more loud than the other two. please someone help if they can thanks.

I'm not a cat person, but just because one acts differently or more playful doesn't mean it's a male. All animals have different personalities. If you are unsure about the gender and are unable to look for yourself to see if they are male or female, then take them to your vet and he will give you a definate answer.

I agree with Country; just because one is more playful and loud than another doesn't make it male or female. I've owned some pretty loud females and I have a male now you can hear a mile away.

Are you able to take pictures of the kittens? If you can, get some help to hold their back legs somewhat apart (be gentle, please) and take a picture of each one.

How old are the kittens anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherDogLover
    I agree with Country; just because one is more playful and loud than another doesn't make it male or female. I've owned some pretty loud females and I have a male now you can hear a mile away.

Are you able to take pictures of the kittens? If you can, get some help to hold their back legs somewhat apart (be gentle, please) and take a picture of each one.

How old are the kittens anyway?
    i can try to get some pictures of them but might be a little hard, and they are about 12 weeks old now but not to sure of exact age.

From what I've heard, is it's common that owners think they know what gender their cat is, but then discover it's otherwise. I'd say in a month you should know for sure. Un-neutered males are obvious. Otherwise, just ask your vet. I don't think they'd charge.