Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Smiffy.......buying Brewer's Yeast?

Smiffy.......

Was gonna try to make your flea finger thingys (the biscuit to help fight fleas) but I cannot find brewers yeast anywhere!!! Even online all I can find is the pill form.

Any suggestions?

As in beer brewers yeast? Try your local liquor store, or your local beer store, we have a store that deals in home made wines and home made beers around here.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

I live in a dry county. No alcohol sales on Sunday's or holidays, no hard liquour sales, no tap beer. I found one health food store that has a brewer's yeast and fiber powder or a natural yeast flake, would that work?

i spoke to the guy who gave the recipe to me and he said he just uses baking yeast so i guess i would say experiment.
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

YIKES!!! Regular baking yeast? No way! The recipe calls for 1/4 cup. Two loaves of bread only use 2 1/2 tablespoons. Unless your baking yeast and my baking yeast is something different. hehe

Maybe I'll cut the recipe in half and use the brewers yeast and fiber powder that I found. If my dogs won't eat them, I'll give them to the animal shelter (the recipe makes almost 100 bones doesn't it?)

should leave you enough to keep your lot going - if only for a week :lol:

i was thinking i have the puppy class section coming up in my dog training course i'm doing and i need some pups to work with. how nice it would be to pop round for a few training sessions :)

i have some friends here who run shelters but the one i really wanted to get to is in london so i would waste half a day in travel. i do have some coming to me to stay so they will help me as much as i help them but still i would love to pop round to help out.

i doubt i would get much work done though - all those puppy kisses to be had :roll: :lol:
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

I just recently read that if taken on a regular basis, Brewer's Yeast can deplete Calcium from the bones. Is this true and do you have any research on this? Because i don't that is this ture or not.