Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

It's Momma's time to be put down.

Well, Momma started vomitting this morning. I called the vet. He said it was time. Time to put her down. We've used Albon and Nemex 2 in the last several weeks. She had been eating a good 8 cups of food, meat and bread mix a day for the last month but she's suddenly stopped eating a couple days ago. He gave her another B-12 shot to jump start her appetite again, but this time it did nothing.

And now she's vomitting worms and coughing. She's breathing heavy. Is almost listless......she barely walks around anymore. Everytime I walk pass her, she lifts her head and gives me those "please kiss me and tell me you love me" puppy dog eyes. And I do.

I surrendered her puppies to a local rescue group this morning. They will give them all their immunizations, spay or nueter them and then place them in homes. They are more well known than I am so the pups will go quick and this rescue group has a great turnout and an exceptional staff. I'm comfortable with my decision to surrender them.

But as for Momma, it's time. And I can't get the water works to stop. She is such an awesome dog. I could go on and on forever about how special she is but what good would it do. It won't save her life.

I guess I'm just angry. Even if her owners had known about the heartworm or the pregnancy and didn't want her because of either, they could have called animal control. It may still have been too late a few months ago to treat Momma but they could have surrendered her anyway instead of letting her go free and waste that much more time before she could get treatment. Cause now it's too late. Now the treatment has been unsuccessful. And there's nothing more we can do. Except put her down.

It sucks. And I'm angry.

I'm very sorry. Some people just suck.
    Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

I am so sorry and deeply moved by this story.
    All our love and affection...

I m very sorry you going through this situation. My heart totally goes out for you. You can take good treatment for your mommy. I pray to God for your mommy.
    Don't be angry. I hope everything will be fine. My prayers with you.