Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help with a Crow Fledgling?

Hello, I'm new to the boards and I have a question I'm not sure if anyone can help me with.

I recently rescued a crow fledgling from my backyard and am trying to rehabilitate it. He's got pin on all of his larger wing feathers so can't fly yeet, and most of his tail feathers still have pin as well. He's not injured or seems to be sick (although he's badly infested with mites).

I wanted to ask if anyone might know what he should be eating, if it should be solid, liquid or mixed and how best to feed him?

Also, is it legal to keep him since he's been abandoned by the flock and was in immediate danger of being attacked by another animal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you all very much!

Can't help with the raising, but we would need to know where your living to know about legal and illegal, in Canada, it is not legal to raise or keep any wild animal unless you are a registered animal rescue for raising wild animals. My suggestion would be to track down your local bird rescue and let them help him.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.