Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

goldie has an offer of a lovely home

hi all
    i've had a phone call and am going to meet the couple after their home check.

an older couple with a golden retriever have contacted the rescue about goldie, they visit the lake district often for long walks and have holidays to scotland where they like to climb ben nevis.

i hope the meeting goes well. if so then they will be free to take him if the home check goes well.
    i'm so excited for him i think he will be very happy :)

i love fostering its so nice to turn a young rogue into a happy dog and see him off to his new life. i have a dalmatian coming in in the next few weeks, i'm waiting for the puppy farmer to release her :cry: the last puppy farm dog i had in is now sunning her self in her owners chateau on the south of france!! i hope for a great home for the next dally :)
    www.irishretrieverrescue.com
    all dalmatian rescue 01255 220 649 (uk)

I`m so happy!
    I hope everything goes well!

Good luck!
    Animals always become best friends.

That's wonderful!!! Please let us know how it turns out. :D
    The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?" ~Jeremy Bentham

Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. ~Paul Rodriguez

the home check went well. so long as all is well when they meet he will be moving on next weekend :D

am getting really excited for him now :)

That's great news. Good Job. :D
    Blessed Be

Salem Witch Child

they are on the road now and on their way down right now :)
    i'm so excited for him, he has had an all over groom so he is smart and fluffy.

we should be meeting up with them about lunch time. i am taking them to a secure field so the two dogs can run and play and i will be able to leave them alone for a bit but i wont be far away.

i went to the field yesterday to pick any bits of litter and check its still secure that sort of thing. there are a group of teens that keep going up there and ripping the fence out of the concrete posts and they leave rubbish and smash beer and vodka bottles.

i was heart broken when they first pulled the fence down as its the only area i let my dalmatians off lead in. my husband and i spent a day up there fixing the fencing and clearing the glass and touch wood its not been messed up too badly since. they still go there as its still the same sort of rubbish and booze bottles but they havent broken anything.

the worst part is, there is only one gate in and out and on the way out there is a rubbish bin. they walk right past the bin for the rubbish they left where they were sat!

ah well fingers crossed. if its a success i will post back and be bouncing off the walls lol :)

so sad it wasnt to be.
    the lady noticed just how agile he is and she lives on a main road. she feared goldie would clear the wall and be run over.

i suggested raising the fencing and walls, she said it wasnt poss. i didnt do her home check so i dont know the lay out.

they were told about how active he is and i did try to get it across fully. maybe they thought he cant be that active or maybe i didnt tell them enough?

so sad. poor goldie is still looking.

It`s really sad.
    But don`t worry, Lots of people love active dogs.
    and I`m sure nobody can resist her.
    Animals always become best friends.

Sorry to hear that hun, I'm sure someone great will come along, and it will be a match made in heaven.
    The reason dogs are great is they wag their tails, not their tongues.

cheers celtech. his perfect home will come and he will go on to be evry happy.

mind you a friend of mine said to me i should keep him. she rationalised it to me by saying all my dogs like him and he's settled in. :lol: :lol:
    i cant keep the banana head that would make 4 dogs and no more room for other foster dogs.

although its a quick pit stop there is a dalmatian coming to stay soon - thats my rationalisation :lol: