Register

Welcome to Animal Forum. The Web's best online community for Pet and Animal Lovers.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My kittybaby struck and killed by car

My 7 year old baby Elmo (cat) was struck and killed last monday. I am devistated beyond belief. I have just gotten to the point where my eyes are not swollen from crying constantly. Elmo and I had a real love affair. He was much more like a dog than cat the way he looked at me and wanted to be carried around like a baby.
    I have a question though. When an animal is hit by a car, is it normal for there to be no blood? He just lost his bowels and tongue was sticking out. I am so sorry to be graphic, but I need to be sure if that is how he died for closure. It shouldnt matter I know. I guess if I know he was hit by a car then at least I know he didnt suffer because it happened so fast.
    Sorry Im just hurting to the point of not wanting to be alive myself.

Julianna

Juliana, I am so sorry to hear about your cat. How horrible for you both. It may be normal for no blood, in fact probable as the animal would die from being crushed in most cases.

Please consider making your cats indoor pets. it is so much safer for them and more likely for you to have them in your life for many, many years.

Much affection...

I feel deeply very sorry for the loss of your cat in a car accident. I pray for your family's welfare and hope the God will bless you.

ohh.. that was really hurt and very horrible experience to your baby elmo..

Im so sorry for your loss..

I am so sorry for your loss. .Lets just pray, God is good trust me:)

I am so sorry to hear about this.. I know how you feel right now because i was also on that situation before..
    Last edited by LPC; 01-22-2017 at 12:20 PM.

much peace

I saw this post's title and I avoided it initially because I didn't think I could handle it. I am sorry for your loss. Having something so traumatic happen to a loved one is horrible.

My dad accidentally backed over several of my cats when I was young. There was never any blood and I remember what seemed to be water more than anything else.

It makes you feel so horrible because you try to do right by your pet and then something so wrong happens. I am sorry for your loss. Try and find comfort in something... how much you loved your pet.
    I have 2 humans, 2 dogs, and 2 cats and we all live together HUMANELY (and go through a lot of dog toys, let me tell ya).