PDA

View Full Version : EKKKK Fleas PLZ.. Help.....

Italiangoddess
01-15-2006, 08:05 AM
We found a flea on our dog, im going to the pet store, any adnice?
I also am woundering what to do with my daughters stuffed animals, do I kepp them or not?
when I wash bedding do i wash in hot water or cold?
I have all the bedding and stuffed animals outside in the cold, is it true fleas wont or cant live in cold weather?
I hope someone can help.........Thank You

italiangoddess :cry:

smiffy
01-15-2006, 08:59 AM
first tip forget about the pet shop,what you buy from them will not deal with the entire life cycle,ie the product may kill the adult but not the young or do nothing for the eggs.

the best product i know of is frontline,i would suggest for you to get frontline combi as it deals with the fleas on your dog and the fleas in your home.
we also use garlic on all our dogs and the dogs from rescue as it helps with the worms and fleas.

as for soft toys i try to grab a couple of teddies a week for the wash just for the sake of it anyway but push a few through your machine.
think about the places your dog loves to lie down in,any blankets and dogs bedding just put on a wash cycle but i try to do my dogs beds once a week.

forgive me for saying this but it sounds as though your panic button has gone on high alert.
just get your frontline and as long as you have a good hoovering and washing routine and remember to refrontline every three months then you will be fine :)
frontline also deals with ticks and mites.
goodluck

Onyx
02-23-2006, 05:08 PM
There is also a good product, sorry I completely forgot the name, you get it from your vet and you put a few drops on your dog's sholder blade. I had a husky wich flees once and the flees disapeared instantly, never to be seen again!!!! :)

I use it every month during the summer season.