PDA

View Full Version : eye problems?

brandie stewart
01-07-2006, 02:52 PM
My rottweiler keeps squinting his eyes and he had mucus in his eyes as well. Does anyone know what it might be?

celtechfarms
01-07-2006, 03:20 PM
It could be anything from a mild irritant to something more serious, I suggest getting your dog looked at by a vet if you can't see anything in the eye. Rotties are reknown for having eye problems and any eye problem should be taken very seriously, eyelids can be turned in or turned out, or it could be a blocked sinus, so many possiblities, but when it comes to eye problems react quickly things can go downhill very quickly.

smiffy
01-08-2006, 06:01 AM
yes i agree,get to the vets.
in the mean time use a cotton wool ball and wipe across his eye from the in inside sweeping to the outerside,if you get my gist :)

use boiled cooled water and a fresh ball for each eye. it might help your dog feel fresher.

rajne
01-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Carpet cleaners or cleaning sprays or sometimes if a carpet is shampooed the dog will, because he's closer to the floor, get residue from it in his eyes, or he'll rub his face on the floor and it'll get it his eyes that way. Cigarette smoke will do it too.