PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if this is working if so, sorry to post again

Daisydukes
11-04-2003, 03:10 PM
My name is Robin, my doggie pebbles is sick, she's a sheltie, 7 year old female, chubby, had tests no thyroid problem, just fat and i do not seriously feed her too much, anyway, she had these welts or sores on her tummy, i took her to the vet, they weren't sure, allergy, etc. gave her clavimox and prednisone, didn't help, took blood and found high liver elevations all of them, so they then tested her for cushings disease, negative, thank god, now they want to do an ultrasound to make sure no cancer in the liver, well i took her to be groomed and i told the groomer of her sores and to look out and let me know if she found more, she found many more under her beautiful coat :( I don't know what they are, i called her vet and now they want to repeat bloodwork before the ultrasound and recheck the sores, they said something about ringworm? i keep having guesses and growing poor, i will spend anything on my dogs, as i have another dog, Max he is a boy, 5 year old big baby, shepherd husky mix and Beanie the ferrett. Anyway, I am not rich and cannot keep having them guess! Can dogs get skin cancer? HELP

kerryclair
11-07-2003, 03:25 AM
Robin,
I am not a vet so can't really give out medical advice.
I don't know what your dog might have.
My first thought was thyroid or cushings but since that was tested for...well...I am helpless to imagine what else it could be.
Please keep us posted though.
Been there, done this too!