PDA

View Full Version : can a cat change its spots?

mystycmom
10-29-2005, 07:09 PM
I gave my cat tookie to my sister, 300 miles away to help with a mouse problem. She stayed there several months, had kittens,and got in a fight with a tom cat that severely damaged her tail. A few months later disappeared. here it is, 3 months later, and a cat shows up here that looks just like her. her tail is damaged in the same spot, same colors (mostly grey and some white). the white spots on her tummy, chest, tail, and feet are the same, but the white spot on her face is much smaller, almost nonexistant, where it was about the size of a thumbnail before. The spot on her chin is also mostly gone.

I think that the changes could be from her long journey home, as well as the fact that it has gotten cold and she has her winter coat, but i'm just not sure. When the cat got here it was very thin, and wouldn't let me within 3 feet of her, but now every time i go outside she loves up to me. I didn't feed it the first couple days it was around, thinking it was probably just a neighborhood stray, but she would never leave our yard, even with our other cats out roaming. Could this really be my missing tookie, coming 300 miles and changing her facial spots??

SalemWitchChild
10-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Yes it certainly can be. Expecially if the tail is injured just like your cat.