PDA

View Full Version : Frequent nose bleeding

Pic
10-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Hi
I am from Romania and I have a 3 years old male dog (mother canische, father schnauzer).
2 month ago he started sneezing as if there was something in his nose that bothered him. After a few weeks he started sneezing with blood. We went with him at more local vets but they didn't succeeded in giving a true diagnostic. Then we decided to go to Bucharest to a more experienced vet clinic. They made him X-Rays and they decided that it is nothing bony in his nose. Them they said that it is possible to be some excrecensies and that it is not possible to see them through an ecography. They decided to make him a resection an to pull out what was inside his nose. hey did that, for 3-4 weeks the dog was well, of course, recovering after the surgery.Then, every night at 3 o'clock he gets up visibly disturbed by something, he can't breathe, it can be heard that the nose is full of mucus or i don't know what and he sneezes. After half an hour he sleeps like an angel and he is able to breathe by his nose like nothing happened.

Please hive me some ideas, some advise because i am desperate and don't know what to do if the simpotms start to appear on a regularly basis.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention

kerryclair
10-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Have they checked him for a chondrosarcoma? That is a type of cancer that takes the form of a tumor, often in the nose.

It blocks airqways, causes breathing difficulty etc.

martin
11-22-2005, 07:38 AM
You may find information on dealing with an injured animal here
http://www.globalthreads.com/forum/ShowPost-6275.aspx but I doubt in your pet's case its not an injury but a serious problem. You should consult the vet immediately.