PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Rottie!!!

Rich Young
09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
My Rottie ate a dress sock several days ago and it hasn't come out of either end. She has done this several times in the past and usually throws it up within a couple of days. However this time she hasn't thrown up. People have told me to use epicac, peroxide, or salt on the back of the tongue to induce vomiting. But my Rottie is very stubborn and won't let me anywhere near her with any of the above. It's hard to make a 100 pound dog do something she doesn't want to do. So I though I would ask for the forum members help. Does any one know how to induce vomitting in the hopes that the sock is still in her stomach and she will throw it up???

Thanks guys!!!

Rich

SalemWitchChild
09-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I think you just need to take her to the vet. If the sock is impacted they will need to surgically remove it.

kerryclair
09-16-2005, 09:52 PM
This can be VERY VERY SERIOUS and you could lose your dog if yo do not act immediately.

TAKE YOUR DOG TO THE VET ASAP.
...and make sure, to keep such things away from him in the future - the fact that he has done this a number of times makes me wonder why you have not acted to make sure he can not get at future socks. You are playing with his very life.