PDA

View Full Version : Sarcoptip Mange, Revolution and Vanectyl-p

amyg
09-07-2005, 08:34 AM
My dog was doing an excessive amount of itching, I took him to the vet just over 2 weeks ago and she diagnosed him with sarcoptic mites (mange) and gave me some Revolution to be admnistered every 2 weeks and some Vanectyl-p for the itching to be given over 12 days.

She mentioned his itching would pick up as he got closer to the second dose of Revolution. His scratching did pick up considerably, and I gave him the second dose of Revolution yesterday. Since then his itching is still really bad, I called the vet and she said to come in and get more Vanectyl-p at a higher dose.

My question is, shouldn't the Revolution have taken affect by now and killed off the mites thus stopping the itching? Is more Vanectyl-p the answer or just a band aid solution? When should the Revolution get rid of all the mites?
Thanks

thumper
09-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi I seem to be going through the same thing with my puppy I have not had her checked for mites as of yet this just started a few days ago. If anyone lets you know of a soultion with using meds or chemicals can you please let me know I went on a few web sites for holistic meds you might want to go that avenue. good luck.

J_I_F
02-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Any possibility of seeing a different vet for a second opinion? Don't ask you vet to recommend someone. Questions - is your guy alone alot? indoor or outdoor dog? fixed? how old? are there other pets in the house? anything happen prior to the itching (you moved or carpets were cleaned or the dog hurt his paw or anything at all).

It's been several months since you wrote this & I hope the problem is long gone. I joined this week. Let us know what happened.