PDA

View Full Version : Dog's legs turn into jelly after he pees

oakiesmom
05-15-2005, 08:50 PM
My 4.5 yr old lhasa-poo seems healthy, and he's never had any health problems before, but a few days ago I noticed that his hind legs give out every now and then, especially after he pees (he pees with both legs out, like a female).

I'm not sure what's wrong with him. He acts normal, and does not seem to be in any pain. He runs, jumps, stands on his hind legs with no trouble. But when I take him out to pee, after he finishes, either his right leg will give out and then he'll fall, or both legs will give out and he'll fall (his front legs are always holding him up when he falls.)

He'll run around inside the house like normal, but when he's outside on the lawn, his hind legs will randomly turn into jelly, making him fall. I thought at first it was because of the uneven grass and ground outside, but he falls while he's just squatting to pee and not moving around.

I tried squeezing his back legs to see if it was painful to him. He doesnt like it, but I dont know if its just he doesnt like them being squeezed or if he's in pain (but then again he doesn't like anyone touching him near his bottom). I did the same to his front legs, and he had no negative reaction to that.

Is this normal? I am planning on taking him to the vet soon, but I am very tight on money and am very scared that I would not be able to afford any medication or surgery (I really hope he doesnt need surgery).

Thank you for any advice.

kerryclair
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
How old is your dog?