PDA

View Full Version : My cats eats too much and the other one suffers, help

egmorgan
01-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I have two cats, one eats way too much and the other is thin...I have tried to decrease there meals amount, however the overweight one just eats it all and the other is getting thinner....I have them on low calorie dried food, but I have run out of ideas....If I just leave the food on the floor, with plenty in the bowl, then at least the thin one can eat, as he is a older cats, however I am not sure if I can tolerate the larger one getting any bigger...Any input would be very helpful.
Thank.

SalemWitchChild
01-10-2005, 04:45 AM
You may try to lock them in different rooms while feeding them. THe older cat should be on a senior forumula food. Call your vet to ask for a good one. Also have your vet check him out. It could be other reasons he is getting thin.

egmorgan
01-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Thank you for the reply......unfortunately I am not sure what to do when I am at work, as I know that both my cats like to eat throughout the day. I will call the vet though, thanks

Sheka
01-10-2005, 03:42 PM
try feeding them once in seperate rooms,(take the bowl away) then feed them again wen you get back from work. theyll learn to eat wut they want before you take the bowl away.

hope it works out,
Sheka

egmorgan
01-10-2005, 09:55 PM
I have been using that tactic for a long time now,,,,and that is the problem.....

SalemWitchChild
01-10-2005, 10:17 PM
How many hours are you gone in a day? If its not too long I would say your best solution is to separate them and If you could possibly hold off food when your gone and come home at lunchtime if thats possible to feed? Otherwise I think your stuck giving a large quantity while your gone. Its not always an easy solution. I'm sure you'll think of something.

egmorgan
01-10-2005, 10:37 PM
I am away for at least 10 hours when I work 8 hr shifts and then 14 hours when I work twelve hour shifts.......

Sheka
01-11-2005, 07:25 AM
umMmM..id have to say just seperate them all day while ur at work with dif food, water and toys in the room