PDA

View Full Version : Dudley's lost some hair and he's all itchy,but~

JessicaUndefined
06-20-2003, 05:50 PM
Hello, my dog, Dudley is a scottish terrier, he's about six years old, and yesterday, i noticed he has a rather large patch of hair missing, about 3 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches wide, on his side, it was'nt there tueseday, i did'nt see him wed, but when i got home yesterday morning, there it was, its really oozy and wet, but its kind of green looking, its not scabby, but he wont let me touch it, and he's not feeling well lately. he normaly lives in the house, but we were sitting a puppy for a week for reletives, and dudley snapped at it, so he has to stay in the pen till its gone~today. but if he has mange, he cant come back in the house. Its been kind of hot lately, i hope its just a heat rash, my other dog got that last year, but this looks different! please, does anyone know what this is? im making him an appt. with the vet on monday, *stupid weekend!* poor, itchy dudley! ~please be okay~~
verrrrry worried,
Jessica

kerryclair
06-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Jessica, you need to take him to the vet. ASAP. Don't waste time posting these things on an online website, you need to get your dog proper medical attention as soon as possible!

Please let us know what the vet says...

Kerry

Jessica_Undefined
06-23-2003, 11:31 AM
okay, with the weekend *FINALY* over, and the veterinary clinic open, I took Dudley to the vet and had him checked out. HE'S FINE! the vet said that it's probably just from a flea or tick bite, so she gave him a shot and some anti-biotics and i bought some FRONTLINE for the rest of the season, and aside from drinking alot of water and peeing more for the next few days, he's right as rain! YAY!!!
exept he cant really reach his hot-spot, so he's been going nuts trying to reach it, *Wow, dudley, i did'nt know you could move like that! mabe i should sighn you up for gymnastics~~*
--very releived,
Jessica

Kerry A. Clair
06-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Whew! What a relief! Thank goodness!
Did the vet give you anything for the itching?
I can't remember the name of some cream/ointment that I used to use when my pets had a particularly bad itchy spot...maybe it was just plain calamine of some sort. Hmmm...
Anyone know what can be done to help?

Kerry