PDA

View Full Version : My pit bull blaze

fourbyfourblazer
11-08-2004, 12:36 AM
I went to the vet because my dog doesn't seem to be eating. He's throwing up and very skinny. I payed $145 for blood test and a shot for a slightly high fever. The vet said that he could feel a lump in the abdomin. I have to go back tomorrow and have an extra done for around $80 and that doesn't cover any treatment. I always tell people that if they want to have a pet that they have to be willing to fork out the cash when there pet is sick instead of making up excuses why they can't pay to goto the vet. Be responsible even if it takes your last dollar which is the case for me. :?

tlginer
11-09-2004, 07:41 AM
your so right ,my little terrier mix is going to vet today,i think she may have an ear infection..she's just scratching away at that ear,must mean something,better to get it checked than have her miserible......

fourbyfourblazer
11-16-2004, 07:44 PM
I went back to the vet and I had to pay another $700 for them to do exploritory surgery. They found tumors growning in the intestines and it has also spread to the lymph nodes. Vet said it was best to just sew her back up and give her pain medicine. He said if they removed all of it that my dog most likely wont survive. My dog is doing okay at the moment. Eating very little. I'm crushing up a pet a day inside a can of cat food which she eats about a 1/4 of the can. Sliced pastrami and salmon fillets are her favorite so far.

kerryclair
11-18-2004, 05:20 AM
4x4 - I am so very sorry to hear about the tumors and the pain your guy is likely to be in. What is the long term diagnosis? Are you just going to try to manage the pain for now?

Our hearts go out to you....

fourbyfourblazer
11-20-2004, 11:12 PM
My dogs liver is failing. I've been feeding her small amounts of food and it seems her belly is growing but her back bone is fully showing through and her ribs are exposed. I'm taking back to the vet on sunday to remove the stitches but I dont think she's going to make it. I dont if there is much anyone can do. She just sleeps, then eats then goes to the bathroom and then back to sleep. I had 12 great years with her. God has blessed me with that.
http://hotrodders.com/gallery/data/500/20558blaze-thumb.jpg

kerryclair
11-24-2004, 09:18 PM
I am so sorry.
Much affection to you, and your family.
It is very difficult to lose our "fur kids"....

fourbyfourblazer
11-26-2004, 07:08 PM
I never thought I would have to put my dog to sleep but it finally came to that today. She couldn't stay up on her back legs and wasn't eating anything. She's in doggie heaven now. No regrets. :cry:

SalemWitchChild
11-26-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm sorry you had to do that. :cry:

fourbyfourblazer
11-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Everythings alright now. She's in a better place now and I don't have to worry any more. Dogs & Cats are the best pets anyone could have. Now i'm looking for a purebred black labrador puppy.