PDA

View Full Version : Help! Cat still nervous after flight

Tigg
10-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi I am Tigg and I am just new to this site, but I have a burning question that I hope someone else has some ideas on how to help

I have recently moved from NZ to Perth, Western Australia and I bought over my cat on the airplane. Well he has just not settled down... ie. he is now really nervous of everything. For the past 2 monts he has hidden under the duvet all day. Now he goes outside sometimes but at the slightest sound ZOOMS inside and takes refuge in a hidey-hole in curtained recess.

Any ideas on what surely is an expected reaction in some animals. ( he was not sedated for the 8 hour direct flight.)

SalemWitchChild
10-24-2004, 10:30 AM
my cat did the same thing w/ just a 5 min car ride :? I would just give him time to settle down. It took my cat a couple months before I even saw him more than 5 seconds. You could try coaxing him out w/ a treat he loves and reassure him there is no threat around. Also anything he had at your other place like a toy or bed would be reassuring to him.

Tigg
10-25-2004, 01:25 AM
oh crumbs! He is getting better, it is just a suprisingly slow process. Silly wee nut that he is!! :wink: I love adventures myself. 8)