PDA

View Full Version : The Cage (Prison for the Innocent)

Condor
10-11-2004, 03:26 PM
The Cage (Prison for the Innocent)
Excerpt:

In our prisons we keep murderers and thieves, rapists and druglords locked behind bars for our protection. But why, in our very homes, do we have animals caged in similar manner? I hate seeing animals in cages. Birds especially. What did they do to deserve it?

The full article is too long to post here. The rest can be read HERE (http://www.bold-discernment.com/modules.php?name=POTW&op=potwfull_image&id=1).

K-9 crazy
10-12-2004, 05:38 PM
I myself have never liked the idea of birds that can't fly free. However kennels are not cages and used properly shouldn't be seen as such.

Sheka
01-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Well i have a quaker parrot who has the run of the house and her cage door is always open for her to take a nap , eat, drink or play but i do cllip her wings for her own safety she is the most tame bird ive ever known, so if her wings where not clipped one day and she flew outside, shed of course die. i understand the statement you gave of always keeping birds locked up in cages, but clipping her wings thats something i did for safety. and a cage is sometimes for a birds safety also, with enough toys and fun a bird might even like being in its cage, not for days at a time, but to sleep in or stay in for a few hours a day. i dont dissagree with bird ownership, in fact most pet birds are happy with human companions and Love there owners..i know my bird does

Roane
01-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, I happen to agree with the above. Domesticated animals often need cages for their own safety(as for wild caught birds, that's another issue). You may be happy to note that there are folks out there that treat their bird(s) as a member of the family. My parents own a cocketiel and after I left home they started letting his wings grow out(obviously resulting in him flying all over the house). He also has a roost in the master bedroom and his own perch at the dinner table. So, yes, cages can be used to abuse or neglect your animals, but like most things it really depends on the pet owner.