PDA

View Full Version : PREGNANT CAT ! WHAT DO I DO???

philmel23
09-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Can anyone help. I have a pregnant cat! We are keeping the kittens so thats not an issue.. i have been doing some research on the internet on what we should expect but does anyone have any tips.. She is a long haired cat, do we need to trim around her nipples?? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. :P

bettysbarnyard
11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Everything will be just fine...My cat has had kittens 3 times they know what to do ,is it a inside cat :?: if so it will most likely have them in a quiet dark place like your closet , good luck :D

Lora
11-21-2005, 02:00 AM
hi , dont stress it will all go to plan on its own !
if it's her first time she might like alittle comforting at the start as my cat did 3 days ago but once she is calm it will all happen naturally and you can leave her on own for hours , xhecking in on her every half hour or so.
then you will be gifted with cute little bundles of hair.
but be sure not to touch them for the first few days , mother cats don't like it when you touch there new borns. :D

Ragdoll Mom
11-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi Philmel: What I would suggest is that before the kittens are born, to get the kitten replacement milk and the dropper in case the mother cannot feed them all. It's really hard to find a place open in the middle of the night when a new born needs feeding and the mother won't feed. They have to be fed so often, and you will already have the supplement. Be sure to feed the mother cat very good and nutritious food so she gets enough nourishment. Good luck.