PDA

View Full Version : Office pet?

louise_g
08-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Hiya, I'm new to these forums so not sure where to post!

There has been talk at work of fostering a pet in the office (well one person taking cheif care but bringing it to work every day) I would imagine this will be a dog. I've not experienced a work place with resident animals... not including occasional mice!

Does anyone have experience of this?

I've spotted a Facebook chat on Ask Jeeves page with RSPCA this Friday 6th August) I'm sure they can shed some light on this for me! More details here: http://bit.ly/clqi8Q

thanks in advance for your advice :D

Lou

celtechfarms
08-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the forum. There si nothing wrong with an office pet, so long as it is a well behaved one, nothing worse then walking into a buisness to the smell of dog feces or urine, or both and a barking aggressive dog. But so long as the animal is friendly, reserved and trained, I think an office pet is a great idea.

humberto913
08-06-2010, 08:16 PM
what a great thought having a pet about the office i think its a great idea. Pets can melt the hardest of hearts and really influence a potential customer. A bit like pat dogs in hospitals and old peoples homes that have such a calming influence and those around them. Apparently in Paris it is very common for people to take their dogs to the office.

ebbenezer66
08-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Many offices nowadays have a more relaxed pet policy, but there's definitely a good way to go around this and a bad way. The Partnership for Animal Welfare has come up with a few tips for making Zippy's trip to the office a good one.

brown25
11-11-2010, 02:53 AM
The idea of having a office pet is also good.. remember dogs are also keen in things happening around them..

BelleKitty
02-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Office pets are great as long as long as other office animals (humans) are all happy with the idea. I have had an office cat that a couple members did not care for even though when asked they acted indifferent. It came back to bite us on the but!

brutus954
02-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I got the cords out of the reach of the cat and now I’m searching for some pet safe blinds. So far I was only able to find child safe blinds such as these.

gizmo3653
03-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Market ready for Hotels, Restaurants, office s, Places of amusement, Households. Quality and Price com pet itive. NEWERA series automatic pet feeder can feed your pet according to the time and quantity ... Keyword : pet

1matthias
05-23-2011, 08:15 PM
:shock: i'm sorry, i have many pets, but never get a office pet! so no experience!

but you must notice : treat them as your friends ! this is the most important! :arrow: