PDA

View Full Version : Two kinds of wolves

lincy953
11-17-2009, 12:30 AM
There are two different kinds of wolves. One is the grey wolf, also called the timber wolf, which lives in North America, the Arctic and northern Europe. The other is the red wolf, which lives only in the centre of Southern USA.
A wolf may go several days without food, but after a kill, it may eat up half of its body weight of meat.
Wolves are not always cruel, however. There is good reason to believe that some wolves have enevn brought up human children. In India, for example, a girl was looked after by wolves until she was nine.
A grey wolf is nearly a metre and weighs about 70 kilometres. A red wolf is much smaller and lighter.
The wolf is not a fast runner, though a grey wolf can run as fast as 30 miles an hour when it is running after prey for a short period of time. But it can run very long distance at the speed of 5 miles an hour without stopping. A red wolf in Oklahoma was recorded as travelling over four mountain ranges in two weeks, a total of 200 kilometres.
A baby wolf is born deaf and blind, although it is covered with fur. For the first few weeks, it still depends on its mother. Only at the age of about 18 months it is able to look after itself.

DogMom
11-17-2009, 06:08 AM
There are MANY more breeds of wolf than just these two. Timberwolves tend to get MUCH larger than what you have listed here for Grey Wolves. And all dogs are born deaf and blind.

invitelockerz
05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Wolves are such wonderful and beautiful creatures it is a shame most are endangered! I read once no wolf had ever killed a human an that wolves are usually friendly to humans, that is if your not trying to kill it!!! GO WOLVES

humberto913
08-07-2010, 01:15 AM
There are two main species of wolf. The Red wolf and the Gray wolf. Other wolf subspecies are related to these two such as the timber wolf, Arctic wolf, Mexican wolf and the Egyptian wolf.You can find more information here: www.wolf.org
http://answers.ask.com/Science/Other/how_many_types_of...

ffalknerr77
08-07-2010, 03:31 AM
I heard about the different breeds of Wolves but never known about these red and gray breeds because i think wolves are very much dangerous and harmful but i heard that no wolf had ever killed a human

Coinmaster
08-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Soz dude this blows your theory out the water:

http://www.cosmosmith.com/wolfpage.html

linavi390
08-30-2011, 09:22 PM
The Wolf is fierce, but it is also the tame, they have a different way of life of the party, but it also has a strength of will.