PDA

View Full Version : Help, Puppy questions

Crow_of_vengeance
08-03-2009, 11:20 AM
So Ive got a chihuahua that is nearing 3 months old, Ive had him for about 2 weeks now, I take him to work with me, but when i get home he plays around the house.the first couple nights I had him he slept in bed with me, When I leave the house and i cant take him with me I put him in my room and shut the door so he doesn't get into trouble around the house. It seems as of the past couple nights he hasn't been interested in my room at all. Im thinking its maybe a situation of him thinking hes in trouble because hes put in the room away from the other puppy in the house. Ive found that the past couple nights hes been sleeping with my dad In his bed. Is there any way that i can get him to stop going into my dads room and sleeping in there. Is there anyway that i can train him to sleep in bed with me and not be afraid of my room? Ive got his toys food and water in there so he doesn't feel like there's nothing for him to do or that hes being punished but I fear that's not the case. I just want the little guy to be loyal to me and sleep in bed with me. I cant shut the door to my bedroom while hes in it if there are other people around outside the bedroom he sits there and scratches at the door until they let him out and even if I ask them to leave the door shut they still let him out. Kinda get the feeling my dads trying to take the dog from me because he wants one too = /

Anyway any help would be very appreciated

sampip
08-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Why don't you get a cage for him, I know it sounds horrible and some pet lovers will hate the idea, but they are made and sold for purposes like this and for travelling in the car.

By getting this you do not have to put the cage in your room, instead it could go in your kitchen or lounge.

Or is there another area or room where you can put a baby gate up so he can still see out but can not go anywhere. However if you put a baby gate on your room he still might feel it's a room where he will be alone.

He is associating your room with being alone, which is why he probably doesn't like it and is sleeping in your Dads room instead.

I hope this helps.

I have a 2 year old little girl Chihuahua called Poppy and know just how gorgeous and adorable they are, she is my little baby who I treasure and the thought of her not wanting to sleep with me after is a horrible thought.

BelleKitty
02-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I think the affection you show your pup over time will probably win over her loyalty. You can always try treats!

Also, if you keep her "special" blanket with her while she is at work with you, then keep the "special" blanket with you, she might always assume she home is where the "special" blanket is.

I am sure there are much better ways though! I am no expert, these are just suggestions.