PDA

View Full Version : Help Control Cat Population

Hannah
10-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Let me start by saying I am not the type of person to ask for charity so this is difficult.

I love animals! I also live in an area where cats who have been abandoned or are feral are plentiful. When I see an animal in need it is my instinct to do whatever I can to help them. Over the years I have sheltered, fed, vaccinated, tamed, and rehomed numerous cats but the one thing I never have the means to do is spay/neuter them. Without spaying/neutering the cycle will continue. Many people just say taking them to the local animal shelter is the answer but my local animal shelter euthanizes hundreds upon hundreds of cats a year which I cannot subject cats I love so much to. Every dollar donated will help tremendously and is guaranteed to go towards the spaying/neutering of a precious feline. Please contact me by private message on this forum for more details of how to donate.

Thanks, Hannah

LPC
10-12-2015, 03:56 AM
Welcome to the forum! It is wonderful that you are planning to help cats in this way and I send you my very best wishes.

New members are not permitted to put live links into their posts, as an anti-spam and anti-scam precaution. That is why your two duplicate threads were not published, but were sent by the system for moderation. I have approved your post, because you seem sincere and genuine in your desire to help cats in your area, but as the donations would go via a third party site anonymously with no means of independent verification of how the donations have been spent, I have deleted your fundraising link. Any member wishing to donate is invited to contact you for further details via private message on this forum.

March
10-14-2015, 04:04 PM
I don't know where you are, but Alley Cat Allies is doing a lot of free and low-cost spay/neutering on October 16 (this Friday!) in honor of National Feral Cat Day!
Here's a link to some of the events around the country, and supposedly they do this around the world too.
http://nationalferalcatday.org/events/?pe_year=2015&pe_month=&pe_go=&pe_select=Go!&pe_view=map

LPC
10-15-2015, 02:24 AM
That's a very helpful post, March! I have copied it to the "Animal News" section, so that it gets maximum coverage.