PDA

View Full Version : Study On Animal Welfare

NathanMcG
10-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a sixth former currently writing an EPQ project on animal welfare organisations, this forum seems full of people who can give very valuable responses to help me, thanks to everyone who responds and shares this thread :)

http://goo.gl/forms/MtFl3Mnf5x

LPC
10-07-2015, 03:27 PM
I filled in your form as best I can. Very best wishes with your research!

I noticed a few points which need tweaking:

1. Some people donate annually, not monthly. That option does not appear.
2. The section for stray and injured animals has "none" listed, but there is no button to click on for it.
3. The notion of social class is outdated and meaningless. It had some meaning maybe up to the 1950s, but things have moved on. Almost everyone works these days, unless unemployed. So the term "working class" includes almost everyone, from highly paid managers to street cleaners. I suggest that you replace this outdated social model with a different system of classification, reflecting that this is 2015 and society in the UK has changed. Instead, what about something which specifies what sort of work a person does, like "manual worker", "clerical", "professional", "self employed businessperson", etc?

March
10-10-2015, 10:37 AM
It seems this questionnaire isn't meant for US citizens so I'll skip this one. I think I may skew the statistics anyways; I work at a shelter, so I take home many fosters but I don't donate cash, although I donate other belongings and time. Also, for the stray portion, I'm never sure if the cats I see are strays or just outdoor pet cats. It may be a tad bit biased to be posting a questionnaire like this on an animal forum, but then again I'm not sure what demographic you are looking for, if it's just the average Joe or you're specifically searching for animal lovers. Either way, good luck on your research!

Tobi
10-18-2015, 06:03 PM
I filled in your form as best I can. Very best wishes with your research!

I noticed a few points which need tweaking:

1. Some people donate annually, not monthly. That option does not appear.
2. The section for stray and injured animals has "none" listed, but there is no button to click on for it.
3. The notion of social class is outdated and meaningless. It had some meaning maybe up to the 1950s, but things have moved on. Almost everyone works these days, unless unemployed. So the term "working class" includes almost everyone, from highly paid managers to street cleaners. I suggest that you replace this outdated social model with a different system of classification, reflecting that this is 2015 and society in the UK has changed. Instead, what about something which specifies what sort of work a person does, like "manual worker", "clerical", "professional", "self employed businessperson", etc?

I agree with the points you make, LPC.

When I was about 5 I asked my Dad "What is 'working class'? He said "People who work for a living." I thought about this for a minute then answered "Well...that's everyone then isn't it -unless they are not well, or old?" LOL!

I filled in your form Nathan. I hope it will help your studies. Good luck with what you are doing.

Chantilace
01-19-2016, 01:16 PM
Interesting! I hope my filling out the form will help with your studies. Best,