PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Justice for rabbit killed on radio show

Tobi
05-30-2015, 05:09 PM
We may all have heard about the radio show in Denmark in which a young healthy rabbit was kindly treated at first by the radio show host Asger Juhl, but soon after was killed by him, and later skinned and eaten by his family. The rabbit was not even killed instantaneously.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/may/26/danish-radio-presenter-strokes-rabbit-before-killing-live-on-air-video

There is now a petition on ForceChange.com to get this radio presented fired, and for him to face the consequences of such a cruel and unnecessary act.
I urge everyone to sign. It shows that we will not tolerate cruelty like this, no matter what Mr Juhl's 'reasons' were .

This is the petition:

http://forcechange.com/143275/justice-for-rabbit-bashed-in-the-head-by-radio-host/?utm_source=ForceChange+Newsletter&utm_campaign=295fef33bd-531FC5_27_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_600a6911b9-295fef33bd-296539949

LPC
05-31-2015, 08:14 AM
Yes, according to reports he hit the rabbit three times with a bicycle pump before screwing its neck; obviously his initial attempts with the pump did not succeed. Death was not immediate and probably was painful in view of the repeated unsuccessful blows to the head.

This was all done live over the air, with perhaps children listening. To date, the radio station has refused to take any action and even defended the stunt (allegedly done to highlight conditions of farm animals).

I have signed the petition.

knightofalbion
06-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Signed.

I see the point they were trying to make, but there are plenty of other ways of highlight both the reality of animal slaughter and the double standards in society concerning meat-eating and animal cruelty.

I hope it will make people think though. If 'you' eat meat, an animal gets killed. It's as simple as that.

MissPurdy
06-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Signed it.

To treat an innocent soul like that is so wrong.