PDA

View Full Version : Why dry food is bad for dogs

Tobi
04-30-2015, 05:09 PM
I just came across this article, written by Tony Booth:

http://www.infobarrel.com/Why_Dry_Dog_Food_Is_Bad_For_Dogs

Well-written, and will make us all wonder if we ought to be feeding our dogs dry kibble.

LPC
05-01-2015, 01:39 AM
Very good find, Tobi! My instinct always told me that dried food is not "natural", but this article puts "meat on the bone", if you will pardon the pun! Dogs, unlike humans, need meat in order to survive and it makes sense that they should be given a natural product.

I am sure that the article will enrage the dried food manufacturers, which are very powerful and have immense publicity budgets. But I for one trust the article you found.

Many caretakers of dogs give their dogs dried food, because they blindly trust all the hype and publicity. The article you cite may help to balance the score.

Edwards
09-14-2015, 02:13 AM
If a dog only gets to eat dry kibble, then yes, it's not an healthy diet. Diversity is important. I myself hardly ever give my dogs dry kibble or canned dog food. I like to cook dinner for my dogs myself. I use a lot of meat, animal by-products, eggs, rice and some vegetables that are safe for dogs like carrots or potatoes. Vegetables, of course, are not the main ingredient of my homemade dog meals.

holisticpet
10-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Dry food is definitely bad for dogs. Just like we humans are switching to organic and natural food, so we should treat our dogs the same way, don't you think?

petty254
04-26-2016, 07:06 AM
Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

lalawoof
07-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Great info, thanks for sharing with this. More post from you :)