PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly landscape of cobwebs

Enzo
03-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm the type of person to catch a spider and release it outside if I find it in my house...I won't lie, they do make me uneasy. I know that this is an older article but someone at work showed it to me today and I just had to share it. I think I would have to move if that many spiders lived in my neighborhood!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111390/Australia-floods-Spiders-cover-fields-cobwebs-flee-rising-water.html

Lurcher
03-11-2015, 06:00 AM
I'm exactly the same. Now I have seen that article I know who to blame when I get nightmares ;)

LPC
03-11-2015, 06:15 AM
I hadn't seen that, Enzo. That's pretty amazing. The spiders were just intent on surviving, as are we all when danger is at hand. The clear-up after the floods could be tricky, though...

Tobi
03-11-2015, 06:28 PM
It's really beautiful, reminiscent of those ground hugging mists we often get here in UK in the late summer, during the season of "Mists and mellow fruitfulness".

But that is a heck of a lot of spiders....

That's an important point LPC makes....what about the after-flood clear-up? After the spiders have worked so hard to survive and escape the flood waters, I hope someone will be able to remove them humanely?

knightofalbion
03-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Something strangely ethereal about those cobwebs.

Why do people so dislike spiders?! All God's creatures.... There is beauty and wonder in everything.