PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good oral care for dog bad breath, any suggestions?

wuff
09-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for an oral care product for my dog, any solution?

LPC
09-22-2014, 10:41 AM
A warm welcome to the forum, wuff! Great user name, too! Please go to the introduction section to say hello to members and tell us more about yourself and your pets.

Regarding your question, products available will vary from country to country. You haven't stated in which country you live. I suggest that you Google the problem, with your country's name included in the search. You could also ask your vet for advice, as bad breath can indicate more serious problems occasionally.

wuff
09-23-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah, there's not much products here. I can order online or ask my friends and have it here. I updated my location. ;) Thanks for bringing that up.

wuff
09-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Found some products as well and checking it out. Will update you with the results

David
09-26-2014, 09:38 PM
What type of Oral care you looking for? It can be as simple as a special doggy toothbrush and doggy toothpaste. Or you looking for something more involved?

wuff
09-29-2014, 10:08 AM
the product referred to me is - Oxyfresh. Will get more info and post it here. I think this will do.

LPC
09-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Please go ahead - but no commercial advertising links, please. Members can Google the product name if they wish.

wuff
09-30-2014, 07:01 PM
yeah sure they can google that name I guess. Wait leme check... just search "the oxystore". Just found out it's not just for pets which I think is cool just don't interchange the one's for you and for your pet. Haha

Tobi
02-26-2015, 05:21 PM
I used to get the "Virbac" enzymatic toothpaste for my Misty. She hated having her teeth brushed but liked the taste of the toothpaste! So we only did them every 2-3 days. A doggy toothbrush with 2 separate brush sizes, and also a 'fingertip applicator' usually comes with it or spares can be bought. I got that in the UK, and am unsure if it's available in the US.

Bad breath though, can sometimes be a sign of other problems. For instance, gingivitis, decayed teeth, or even kidney problems.
But many times it can be something stuck between the teeth. Take a good look at your dog's mouth. Are the gums swollen and red or any tartar build up? That would need professional cleaning. If you see anything like that it's best to take him to the vet.

LPC
02-27-2015, 07:51 AM
That's a very helpful post, Tobi.

lalawoof
07-05-2016, 07:30 AM
PetzLife 1 oz. Oral Care Peppermint Gel is an oral care gel good for your dogs. It is Vet recommended.

Lurcher
07-06-2016, 03:05 AM
You can also use carrots to help them clean their teeth! Just top and tail the carrot and let them crunch away. They are probably just as good as the more expensive chews ;)

stephy
09-19-2016, 11:52 AM
Have you tried Fresh Breath? It is a mouth wash that you can add into your dog's water bowl. My dogs use it and it honestly makes the kisses a lot better!

Anshul Goenka
11-26-2016, 12:53 AM
Hello,

This is the one of good product for oral care product for dogs Merial Oravet Dental Chew.

Qante
11-04-2017, 11:27 AM
I think that the bad breath smell is due to improper nutrition. I still have a young dog. Buddy is only 1 year old. But I try to feed him with quality home food, I clean his teeth and regularly drive to the vet. Recently I found an interesting article http://mypoodle.info/care/dental-care/ how to properly care for a pet's teeth. I think you will find it interesting to read.

LPC
11-05-2017, 05:42 AM
That's a good, informative web page - and overall an excellent website! Thank you.

Please note that your post was sent for automatic moderation by the forum software, as new members are not normally allowed to put in links to websites (as a precaution against spammers). However, I have checked your website out and it seems to be non-commercial and full of good information. So I have, exceptionally, approved your link on this occasion.

However, kindly do not put in frequent links to your website, as this could result in your being banned without warning. If you continue to make valuable contributions to the forum, then once you have made a substantial number of posts and have become an established member, you may be given signature member status.

In the meantime, feel free to enter your website homepage on your profile.

*Welcome* to the forum!