PDA

View Full Version : Greedy Animals

catfluff
07-27-2014, 10:04 PM
The common thinking is that nature only takes what it needs. However, I am starting to question this concept after seeing this little guy in our garden STUFFED full of grubs. A nice photo and very funny!
http://www.homediystuff.com/japanese-tree-frogs-gettin-grubby/

Does anyone have similar photos of greedy animals in nature?

LPC
07-28-2014, 04:13 AM
An interesting article about an unusual frog. Thank you for starting the thread.

You mention that "the common thinking is that nature only takes what it needs. However, I am starting to question this concept". A lot of people, I agree, have that conception of nature. The reality is that the characters of different types of animals vary, as indeed do different animals within one species.

Just think about how each cat or dog is different in character from another of its own species, LOL!

catfluff
08-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Just think about how each cat or dog is different in character from another of its own species, LOL!

It is like a zoo at feeding time at our place! Greed is the only rule when there are 8 cats involved. Yes, all their personalities are completely different, even for the cats from the same litter. But it is only varying degrees of greed, rather than any of them never taking more than required. I guess these are domesticated cats though....

So using the assumption that nature is not greedy, is this what domestication is all about? Pure greed? I note the article mentions "frogs in the garden",,,so maybe they are also semi domesticated frog, hence so incredibly greedy? LOL