PDA

View Full Version : Love Me, Love My Snail

knightofalbion
04-18-2014, 06:22 AM
Some magical photography, reminding us that, if we care to look for it, we will find beauty and wonder everywhere ...

http://www.demilked.com/macro-photography-snails-vyacheslav-mishchenko

LPC
04-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Absolutely fascinating and very beautiful to behold. I like the second photo - that raspberry looks so tasty to the snail, not just to us....

David
04-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Such design in everywhere we look! Very nice post!

knightofalbion
01-23-2015, 04:03 AM
Snails - The sequel!

http://www.boredpanda.com/snail-photography/

Enzo
02-28-2015, 06:44 PM
I really enjoyed all of these photos! I selected one of them to be my desktop background. I actually had a Giant African Land Snail growing up as a kid. His name was Cubby. He lived to be 9 years old. Unfortunately they are now illegal here, but he was a fascinating pet to have. Here is a picture of Cubby :) 686

LPC
03-01-2015, 01:01 AM
His shell is a lovely colour. Thank you for showing us. When did they become illegal?

Enzo
03-01-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm not exactly sure. I just remember the breeder contacting my family and I to let us know. She apparently brought hers to a reptile show and some one reported her. She was not aware about them being banned as they were okay to own at one point. They confiscated them from her and they were apparently euthanized. She wanted to warn us because I had taken him to school once for a project and my mother was a teacher at the time and she brought him in to show her primary class. I really wish they could have taken those other snails to a museum or something, but I guess they can reproduce pretty rapidly so they would only end up with more. I really wish they handled it differently as there could have been a much better option. Cubby kinda became my secret pet after that. He didn't do too much but he had quite an appetite! I still have his shell.

knightofalbion
03-01-2015, 12:06 PM
I really enjoyed all of these photos! I selected one of them to be my desktop background. I actually had a Giant African Land Snail growing up as a kid. His name was Cubby. He lived to be 9 years old. Unfortunately they are now illegal here, but he was a fascinating pet to have. Here is a picture of Cubby :) 686

How beautiful!

Tobi
03-02-2015, 03:13 PM
It's very sad that the lady's snails were taken from her and euthanised. I am glad Cubby was your secret pet, and lived out his life incognito after that. He lived to a very good age, I would think. Although I have no idea how long snails live. But nine years old sounds very good.

Thank you for the lovely new photos, Knight. The snails are so graceful and beautiful.