PDA

View Full Version : animal sanctuary owner evicted

shula1517
02-02-2014, 04:56 PM
The owner of the Rainbow Ark Animal Sanctuary was evicted last week. The animals are being"cared" for by the bailiffs and the owner is not allowed access to her animals. Some have been removed by the RSPCA. 2 have been PTS. Money is being raised on "go fund me", over 40,000 has been raised to transport the animals to their new homes, with any surplus money being given to the new homes. There are now welfare concerns over these animals and the way they being cared for. There has been a total lack of interest from there media, there has been one on line article by the Daily Mail and a few articles in the sanctuary's local paper. Supporters are trying to get the public's attention to help these animals and their owner who had owned the sanctuary for 20 years. Over 300 animals need help. If you can do anything please go to "go fund me".

knightofalbion
02-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Firstly, a very warm welcome to the forum, dear Shula.

I saw that in the Daily Mail. Very sad. The lady was distraught as well she might be. That place was her life.

It may look idyllic running an animal sanctuary, but it's a lot of work. If you don't own the land there's always the risk you'll be forced out one day. And of course it is very expensive to feed the animals. The cost of feed keeps rising. And what with the economic crisis many people just can't afford to keep their pets so they're dumping them in many cases on the doorstep of the local animal sanctuary!