PDA

View Full Version : Boo Boo Zoo on Maui

Susan Matoi Hawaii
06-24-2013, 04:32 PM
I thought people might enjoy this clip on the Boo Boo Zoo located on the Island of Maui. Susan Matoi Molokai Hawaii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgSHF5MGO8&feature=youtu.be

David
08-24-2013, 10:49 AM
OK sorry for taking so long to approve this post, and yes I did enjoy the clip!

LPC
08-25-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm not keen on most zoos, but this one is wonderful! It seems chaotic, but in the nicest possible way. The animals are not kept in impersonal metal cages, but are intermingling.

This couple take in rescued animals, some of them blind or otherwise physically disabled. That takes real dedication. I take off my hat to them. Thanks for posting, Susan!
__________________________________________________ __________________________
Animals have souls, too! Free support for anyone grieving the passing of a beloved pet (http://do-animals-have-souls.info)

Toni
08-30-2013, 01:50 AM
I am with Peter on that one, I am not a too big fan on zoos either but this one is kind of cool!

Fun place and happy animals! :)

David
08-30-2013, 06:46 AM
I guess I'm mixed on zoo's. I've enjoyed zoo's all my life. If done correctly I'm ok with them, and here is why. I know we are exploiting a few animals but as a whole if not for zoos many of us people would never have known about the many types of animals out there and where their native habitat exists. I guess what I'm trying to say the zoo is where I first started to care for many many types of animals. Many people would never have much of an awareness about some types of animals if not for zoos.

I have seen some zoos where I felt sorry for the animals and even as a young child you felt that they were in jail and then other zoos where they try to mimic an animals real habitat. You can tell the difference in how the animals react and live in a better zoo.

"Not keen on mosts zoos" is a good way to put it..... I lived many years in Southern California where we had the San Diego Zoo, the LA Zoo and even a "Wild Animal Park" where most animals are free to roam over many acres. But yet feel that many of these animals are exploited purely for a monetary standpoint.