PDA

View Full Version : Pet Loss

Ravenq
10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
This is my first time and I'm looking for support group for grieving pet owners. I just lost my beloved dog 2 days ago and I'm beside myself. I live alone (which makes it more difficult for me) and my dog has been my companion for 13 & 1/2 years. I don't know how I can cope up without him. He has been my companion and best friend and for years and now he's gone. He died in my arms and I was hysterical. I keep asking myself what I did wrong that he has been taken away from me.

KatieDidIt
10-17-2012, 10:34 AM
You did nothing wrong, Hun! He was old. You probably gave him the best life you could and you should be happy that you had all those years with him. 13 and a half for some dogs is a lifetime for us. As long as you gave him the best, you should celebrate his life.

LPC
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Dear Ravenq, my site offers support to pet owners upset at the passing over of a beloved pet. You are welcome to contact me via the contact page of my site: http://do-animals-have-souls.info

This support is always free. I also know of a few others.

My sympathies to you, and do not hesitate to get in touch.

(PS to Admin: I know that you aren't allowing links to own sites yet (even in signatures), but as this is a genuine case of a person needing support I hope you will allow me to give a link to my site within the post).

xAnimalLoverx12
11-05-2012, 01:33 AM
My dog dare died 2 years ago by getting knocked down. I thought the same thing why was she taken away from me , what did I do wrong? She was getting cremated but before she did I went and seen her and she was cold and frozen because she was in the freezer. I just lay over her and said I am so sorry dare :'(

knightofalbion
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Pets become like one of the family. Loyal, uncondtionally loving, forgiving, non-judgemental, always pleased to see you....The chances are your pet is the best friend you'll ever have. So it hurts when their 'time' comes - as inevitably it must.
But animals have souls, just as we do. The same Spirit of God animates all living things. When your 'time' comes all those you have loved (who have passed over) both people AND pets will be there to greet you. In truth, there isn't any 'death'. Life is a continuum. We will meet our loved ones again.

knightofalbion
11-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Dear Ravenq, my site offers support to pet owners upset at the passing over of a beloved pet. You are welcome to contact me via the contact page of my site: http://do-animals-have-souls.info

This support is always free. I also know of a few others.

My sympathies to you, and do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks for the link, LPC. That's a lovely site. You're doing fine work there.

jessewills
06-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Hi Ravenq,

I can understand how you feel. Pets loss is a huge loss ,especially when your dog has been with you for more than 10 years. Pets are like family members, they become your companion. They give unconditional love. I would advice you to take a new dog and it will help you to cope up with your dog's loss. This would be the only way for you to become normal.

Take care.

GemGemCroci
12-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Hey. I just lost my cat 4 days ago.
I know how you must be feeling.
It's hard loosing a animal.
I've worked with them all my life,

You did nothing wrong.