PDA

View Full Version : Pet Boarding Center caused death of 13 cats and 300 starved

locusa
06-28-2012, 01:56 AM
Dear all, as a pet lover I feel I have to share with you this outrageous news. In my home country, Malaysia, a pet boarding center known as Petknode, took in over 500 cats during one of our festive holiday season last year.

To the surprise of many people, the cats were neglected because the owners could not manage to care for them. This caused over 300 cats starved, injured and 13 dead.

The pet boarding center owners were sued and the judgement was served today. SHOCKINGLY, the owners were fined a mere RM6000 (USD1800). For the damage they have done to the poor animals, that was all they were punished for..not even jail term!!

This is not right but unfortunately, the regulations for animal rights in our country is not strong enough. We must all work to create the awareness for our beloved animals. They already do not have the voice to speak for themselves. We have to do something to help our lovely companions!

I found this blog post which has all the info regarding this Petknode issue. Do have a read and leave a comment in support of our pets!

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/current-affairs/300-starved-and-13-died-petknode.html

zoyee
10-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Hello friends
Welcome to this forum site
Here you can find a lot of things
The forum are the way
where you can share your views and ideas

animalsofroyalty
10-10-2012, 05:36 AM
This is absolutely horrendous. I can't even imagine what they all went through and how anybody could do such a horrific thing. It's things like this that I advocate for animal rights.