PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Interested In Horses And Horse Training?

kidword
06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
I've always been interested horses, riding, training etc but have never had either the time or money to take it anywhere. I asked for a load of training books/dvds for my birthday though and have just generally been reading up/ watching stuff on the internet as well.

I'm looking into lots of different types of NH and also clicker training. I had an idea a couple of weeks ago to ask if anyone would let me loan/work with their horses and have actually had quite a few responses so looks like I'm going to get to practice alot this summer :)

Just wondering if anyone else has an interest in/experience in this kind of thing? I'm really interested in the types of NH other people have studied cause I've only looked into a few so far and would like some recommendations.

Also I'm just wondering if anyone has any general tips...

xAnimalLoverx12
12-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi, I have volunteer work for a woman. She has 2 horses and 2 ponies. She did have 3 horses and 2 ponies but 1 of the horses died due to his back end going, he was 26 years old. I am 12 years old and I absolutely love love love it. I especially love working with the ponies. I am quite new to this and I have learned millions from it. I go up mostly every Sunday but It changes every so often. On holidays from school I go up more because I have school of. You will absolutely love working with them they are brilliant animals. I am going tomorrow to work and I can't wait. I got offered volunteer work not that long ago after I started this work and she said that if I much out and do stuff for her and I would get a free lesson afterwards but I said no because I love the work I am at. I am going to try and get riding lesons next summer in the better weather. I want to be a vet when I am older so I thought if I do volunteer work on farms and other stuff It would give me a head start on becoming a vet.

Just go around looking for farms and stables and ask them if they need any help with mucking out and stuff. That's what I done well my dad done for me.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Beth