PDA

View Full Version : How long do fish live for out of water?

kidword
04-16-2012, 01:26 AM
I never knew & never really thought bout it until yesterday....

10:00am I walk downstairs to make my morning cuppa, to find my fish missing! Lucky17 was nowhere to be seen! As my parents & brothe rhad all left for work I assumed they might of discovered him & needed to inform me face to face... I was quite disturbed. I proceeded to go out & fulfill my day.

4:00pm On returning from my activities mt brother was home. I asked himif he knew anything & he hadnt noticed. We were both baffled & could still not get through to either parent to see what was going on.

It was 5 minutes later when my brother screamed ,'the fish, hes here!'

I couldnt believe it, to my utter disbelief the fish had jumped over the back between the bowl & wall & fell a good 1.5m & got stuck between the shelf unit & skirting board. He was so well hidden Imnot surprised I didnt notice him in the morning.

I managed to move the shelf & got him, & even more shocking was he was still breathing! still ALIVE! I threw him straight back into the bowl & he was back....He did have some slight marking but hes ok.

THIS GOLDFISH HAD BEEN OUT OF WATER FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS! & WAS STILL ALIVE

I won the goldfish 3 years ago at a fair & named him Lucky17 & from this day forth he may be the luckiest!