PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater aquarium question?

aqua-tropical-fish
08-24-2008, 04:06 PM
I want to keep freshwater tank, but don't know what fish to buy and what fish has higher survive level? Can you help me guys?

layla17
08-26-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm kind of in the same situation. I want to get some school fish and some algae eaters, but I don't know what types to get.

chally567
09-13-2008, 12:08 AM
anything from your tetras to barbs to goldfish to cichlids pretty much anything

celtechfarms
09-13-2008, 05:11 AM
Goldfish are fresh water fish as are fintails. Try talking to your local pet shop or fish dealer, they'll be able to help you lots.

laddiecat
10-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I have three bettas, and one of them I have had for a few years now, and they have all stayed alive very long. I would recommend bettas bettas for freshwater fish, and the males are so pretty.

celtechfarms
10-04-2008, 01:14 PM
As long as they don't live together, I agree, battas are nice.

laddiecat
10-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Have you had bettas? Do you know much about them? If so, maybe I can come to you with my questions...??? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

celtechfarms
10-06-2008, 07:13 AM
I owned a couple, but know almost nothing I admit. It was a fish for my daughter and it lived about a year. I know nohting when it comes to fish unfortunatly.

laddiecat
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
That is mostly how I am.... But do you know much about sheep by chance?

celtechfarms
10-07-2008, 05:34 AM
not a huge amount, very little, I know there are two turnkey sheep farms for sale up here, but other then that I know almost nothing.

laddiecat
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
So I don't suppose that you know about 'Hair Sheep'? They shed their wool, and you don't have to sheer them, very easy maintenance. And the mutton tastes identical to the lamb. And the meat is not greasy a bit.
Here is a picture of one of our Rams that was sheding, and we were helping him, and set the fur on his head, and it looked like a wig! These sheep are very fun, and friendly. Oh, and this sheep's name is Nemo...

Tiziano
04-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Get school fish. Compatibility problems are minimal and it will be easy to see if any of the fish are behaving oddly (indicating illness). Try neons or cardinal tetras, Corydoras catfish, any of the small barbs, rasboras, loaches, or pearl and zebra danios.

Try a bristle-nose or clown plecostomus, or a pair of otocinclus catfish to help control the algae.Raise killifish, which are excellent for a beginning aquarium, but difficult to find.