PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What do I do?

crawfisher
05-23-2008, 09:41 PM
The mother of our less-than-a-week-old kittens was outside for the first time since she had the kittens last Sunday AM and she was hit and killed by a car! What do we do?

celtechfarms
05-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Pick up baby formula for kittens at your local vet and start hand feeding them. Get your vet to show you how and know that for the next five to seven weeks your going to have a lot of sleepless nights. Your kittens will need to be fed at least every two hours. Keep them warm as well, but not overly hot. If your truely worried about doing the right thing, contact your local cat or kitten rescue, who has experiance with this sort of thing and have them take the kittens. Around here we have a pregnant cat and kitten rescue and she has hand raised multiplue litters on her own and has had great success. But be prepared for failer too, sometimes the kittens just don't make it, but with quick action you can help these little guys.

healing07
07-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Its so sad and very awful time for you. I m very sorry for your loss. Now you have to need put the kittens into nearly vet and give them hand feeding because they need it. If you done this in your home then do it.
But I think vet is the most suitable place care for kittens. Some times behavior of kittens are very rude then you trying yo make them normal. Don't worry bout it and move on.