PDA

View Full Version : Closed eye

Liora
04-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum.
My husband and I are about to adopt a Scottish Terrier. We finally found a breeder who live about 200 miles from us. I talked to her asking all the "usual" questions, she looks great and she loves her dogs. She has only four dogs and puppies grow up at home with the family.
She has sent me a picture of our future doggy a little black female, on the first picture she is just 15 days old and on the second she is 32 days old.
My problem is her right eye seems to be closed...does it happen often (sorry I have little experience with puppies, always had grown dogs coming from shelters before)? Is it something I should be concerned about ? Should I ask the breeder what is going on?
Thanks for reading this long post and giving me some advice :D

Liora

celtechfarms
04-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Could have been just the timeing of the picture. At fifteen days theres a chance the eyes just haven't opened yet, or one had remained closed by the thirty two day photo may have just caught the little one blinking, drop her a line and ask her if this is the case and if so get her to send you a better photot just to put your fears to rest.

Liora
04-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks a lot for your answer, I will drop her a line because I am a bit worried (I know probably over reacting :D)
Will update this post when I get an answer.

Liora

DogMom
04-05-2008, 06:32 AM
I agree that it was probably timing of the photo and nothing more. I have hundreds of pictures of puppies around that age with an eye or two closed for no reason more than bad timing.

Ask for more pictures now that the pup is a bit older.

Liora
04-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Okay, I talked to the breeder and she told me everything was fine. She wil send me some more pictures tomorrow.

Just bought the puppy pen and crate today this is sooo exciting can't wait to have her home.

Have a nice week end

Liora

Liora
04-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Hey Everyone !

Got the picture from the breeder and my puppy looks great "no" closed eye.

Have a nice day!

Liora

celtechfarms
04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Congradulations, hope you have a great time with your new puppy when it arrives! :)