PDA

View Full Version : Snoring Cocker Spaniels- HELP!

mel
06-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Hi All,
I have two loving, beautiful, healthy, perfect condition American Cocker's. My only problem is that they snore, LOUDLY. Both of them, since they were puppies. They sleep in bed with me and my husband and I do not have the heart to kick them out after all these years (6). However, we just had a baby, and she is waking us up in the middle of the night too. Between midnight feedings and dog snoring, we are walking zombies. My dogs are not overweight, so I am not sure why they snore so loud. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

kerryclair
06-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Not that I know of.
Have you asked your vet if he had any suggestions?

mel
06-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Yes,
I called my vet and he said that is pretty typical of that breed and it will only get worse as they get older. Apparently snoring is a sign that they are sleeping deeply. He had two suggestions, the first was to work with bedding (like get them their own beds and put them at the end of the bed) and not allow them to sleep on their backs. If that doesn't work he said you need to give them the boot. I tried the dog bed thing last night and did notice an improvement.
Melissa

turnershaun43
02-28-2011, 07:12 PM
It is just normal with the dog to snore. What you need to do is to have a separate room for them.