PDA

View Full Version : Need thoughts.......

DogMom
12-07-2007, 05:42 PM
So I get to work this morning and there's a wolf hybrid that got dumped off with us (I'll get pic's ASAP). Anyway. I was checking him over and noticed an incision on his underside. At first I thought it was a neuter, which it may be, but if it is it's a blotched one. It goes from the tip of his penis down to the end of it where it meets the body. And his nut sack is still very firm and solid (which makes me think it's not a neuter).

What the heck do you think it is?? I'm taking him to the vet in the morning but it's really bugging me what kind of surgery it could be. Weird.

celtechfarms
12-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Any chance he got cought on something like barbedwire? Sounds like some idiot may have tried to fix him themselves, there are some real idiots in this world.

DogMom
12-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Just got home from the vet. He said it's definitely a neuter but in his honest medical opinion it wasn't done by a professional. He said by the way it looks it was done in the last two days tops. It was sewn up with regular sewing thread so he cut it open and restitched it with dissolvable stitches and said to watch it for 10 days. He said it looks like whoever did it got everything out and it looks good inside. But he put him on antibiotics just to make sure because it's possible now that he closed it properly any bacteria inside could start to grow and cause an infection.

I guessed him around a year old but the doc thinks he's only 6 to 8 months at the most. He's only 43 lbs so quite a bit underweight. But I'll take care of that. hehe

So he's in pain still but he should be healed up soon now that it's all corrected.

DogMom
12-08-2007, 01:15 PM
oh, a couple pics

DogMom
12-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh yeah..........and we've named him Mater (May-Ter) cause I took him for a walk last night and he dragged my butt down the road. My little one is big into the Disney movie Cars right now and her favorite characters are Lightning McQueen and Mater (the tow truck). So we were tossing Lightning and Dakota in the air until I took him for a walk and got towed down the road.

So he's now Mater. LOL

celtechfarms
12-08-2007, 04:04 PM
LOL, yeah thats my doughters favorite now too, she has Cars posters all over her room. So sad that people do that to dogs, the least they can do is do a nutur job right. The poor boy looks so very very thin, he'll be a beautiful dog onces hes all filled out and looking 100%. So will you all adopt him out now? Around here the SPCA's wont adopt out hybrids they kill them, so sad.

DogMom
12-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Hybrids are killed on the spot here too. But that's where I come in. I get to work at just after 7 and we don't open til 8 (when everyone else gets there). So I grabbed him and brought him home and got back to work by 8 before anyone knew he was there or I was gone.

So he'll stay here and recover from all this and then the decision will be made if I adopt him out or not. That's a ways down the road though.