PDA

View Full Version : Nike

celtechfarms
11-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Its with a great deal of pain and sadness that last weekend I found out my best friends dog, Nike, a 10 year old chocolate lad, had passed away. It was a sudden death, a blood clot moved into her heart. She was a wonderful dog who love everyone. She was the first to great you at the door and her tail never stopped wagging. Though she was not mine, I considered her a good four legged friend and loved the visits I had with her.

And though my friend is not a part of this forum at this time, I thought it appropriate to post the poem she just sent out last night to all of her friends to let us know of the lose that is effecting her so badly. So to Nike, may she rest in peace, I know she is in a good place, waiting at the rainbow bridge for the rest of her family of the last 10 years.

A Faithful Dog

A Faithful Dog Will Play With You
And Laugh With You -Or Cry-
She’ll Gladly Starve To Stay With You
Nor Ever Reason Why,
And When You’re Feeling Out Of
Sorts
Somehow She’ll Understand
She’ll Watch You With Her Shining Eyes
And Try To Lick Your Hand.
Her Blind, Implicit Faith In You
Is Matched By Her Great Love -
The Kind That All Of Us Should Have
In The Master, Up Above.
When Everything Is Said And Done
I Guess This Isn’t Odd
For When You Spell “Dog” Backwards
You Get The Name Of God.

~author unknown

healing07
07-02-2009, 03:25 AM
I m so sorry for heard about loss of your friend's dog. I understand your feelings. Dogs are like our family members and we never forget our dogs. Its very hard time for you.
When we lost our loved one its so painful. Dogs are our best Friends. I lost my dog last month and its also very beautiful. I miss him very much. Now I trying to buy a new dog for relief some pain. I also suggest you for new dog.