PDA

View Full Version : Revolution

DogMom
11-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Does Revolution kill the fleas in the surrounding areas too (like on the carpet and in bedding?). I put a tube on all of my dogs awhile ago and they stopped itching almost immediately. It's been almost two months and they still don't itch and I don't see any fleas anymore. I've never used Revolution and don't want to over-use if not necessary.

celtechfarms
11-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes, it dose, but only because its topical and it gets into the places your animals lie so it gets the fleas there too. Your lucky, my two seem allergic to flea meds of any kind, makes it hard to treat them when we do get the rare outbreak.

DogMom
11-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, we've had a couple dogs lately that had bad, bad reactions to the stuff. I used to use Advantage on my girls but it got to where it almost seemed like it wasn't working anymore. So then I was using some other kind of stuff but I got this Revolution and figured I'd give it a shot and I'm amazed.

Try this stuff on your dogs, it's amazing too and is all natural. My friend uses it on his dog and he's 9 now and never had fleas and still tests neg for heartworms. http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/diatomaceous_earth.html[/url]

countrychic10
11-18-2007, 09:24 PM
I have used Revolution in the past and liked it until Blue had a skin reaction to it.

I now use Frontline Plus once every 2-3 months and I do Ivermectin for Heartworm prevention every 35 days. No heartworms (we test yearly as they get them from mosquitos and we have a bad mosquito problem during the summer) and we don't have fleas or ticks.

I also treat mey yard 1-2 times per yer and do a bug fogger in the house about once a year..

I'm paranoid about bugs...lol so I must be sure my house is bug free...lol

DogMom
11-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Those foggers scare me though. I've been wanting to use one for awhile now but I'm too afraid I'll blow up the house.

countrychic10
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
LOL...sorry. I have always used them with no issues. I prefer the dry foggers personally.

I just make sure any pilot lights are off, all critters are out of the house..and things of that nature.

I also do my fogging about the same time I do my once a year "extreme clean" so my cabinets and everything are usually empty.

Once I'm done fogging I shampoo my carpets, clean out my cabinets and wash all bedding for everyone and I'm good for the year.

Granted all that isn't nessesary..but I am a complusive neat freak and I must do these things!!

A few days after this (as it takes a few days for me to do all my "crazy cleaning" as my DH calls it) I usually bathe the critters, treat my yard and apply Frontline (if it has been at leats 2 months since last application that is)

I live in bug central..mosquitos, fleas, ticks...all sorts of gross lil' (and some big) bugs and I have never had a flea problem what so ever...even in times when I had fosters and rescues in the house.

DogMom
11-20-2007, 04:56 AM
LOL...sorry. I have always used them with no issues. I prefer the dry foggers personally.

Oh I don't doubt that......a lot of people have used them with no problem. But I'm the kind of person who has the kind of luck where I'd have a problem. My house would go "POOOOF".

Hey--at least I would have killed all the nasty little (and some big) bugs!!!

countrychic10
11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
LOL..yea it would get rid of the bugs...thats for sure! :)

I dunno though...this year I do believe I am the queen of bad luck (house fire, husband rolled & totaled truck last week, countless insurance issues...you name it! The list could go on for a decade!!)

And oddly I never had my house blow up from a fogger...I just get the freak electrical fire at 2 am...go figure! :roll:

Though I do wonder something..not trying to add to paranoia of the foggers...But..say you had some faulty wiring in your house that you didn't know about....I wonder if you did the foggers and there was some how a spark from the faulty wiring, I wonder if that would make the house blow up??? Ya know..they always warn about gas and pilot lights on the label...but they never mention anything about electrical stuff....but to me is seems very likely that it COULD happen...

LOL..I just completely turned you off the idea of foggers forever didn't I? lol

celtechfarms
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
LOL, Mythbusters did that very theory and yes it will, lol, they even went so far as to actually blow up a house, I love the mythbusters!

DogMom
11-21-2007, 05:12 AM
I saw that episode!!!!!!! Hubby and the kids were leaving for the weekend (so I could clean without having to trip over someone) and I had decided to get a fogger to get my cleaning off to a good start. The night before we watched Mythbusters blow up a house using one and that was it.......lost interest.

I've still considered it but I think I'll do it when I can just shut off the master fuse. Totally turn off everything to the house. Maybe in the spring.

But, on the other hand, my house is really, really, really, really, really old and although we don't see any I'm afraid if I bomb the house I'll kill the termites that keep it held together.

ROFLMAO