PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cruelty

Emma Rose Roberts
10-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I hate animal cruelty, there was a St Bernard ( dog ) on TV last nite and someone put a wooden frame aroung his neck. The vet got it off but he has to pass tests to see how agressive he was, the lady gave him a treat and that was fine but then the silly lady had to get it out of his mouth, how stupid is that? I mean, you'd never give a treat to a dog and then try to take it out, no wonder he snapped at her!!!! I mean, If I was eating a biscit you would not take it straight out of my mouth would you? The poor thing had to be put down, just cuz he snapped at a stupid woman who stuck her fingers in his mouth to take away his lovley treat.
She was meant to be a professional vet! She's a professional loser!

Another time, I was watching animal rescue, someone stupid threw a firework and a Jack Russel Dog thought it was a stick and caught it and it exploded in his mouth! Owch huh?

Last year, I think a cat was thrown into a bonfire at hallowe'en.
It died, But the poor thing was soooo ugly when it showed on the news.:(

DogMom
10-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm so sorry the St. Bernard had such a poor life and a shotty ending. It's always unfortunate.

The reason for trying to take the bone back out of his mouth though is to see how he'd react when you tried to take something out of his mouth that he wanted. The food is used because it is the most tempting item for a dog to fight over. The ultimate concern is how he'd react in a home environment. My dog has picked up several toys that she thought was a treat for her and something she should be chewing on. If my 3 year old is playing and the dog takes her toy, the child will go to the dog and take the toy back (whether it's in the dog's mouth or not). Toy or food, it's a treat to the dog. So, long story short, the concern with the St. Bernard is if he'd show aggression if you tried to take something from him that he wanted.

But that's why they tried to take it away from him.....

I know that probably doesn't help the way you feel about it though. Again, I'm sorry it hurt you so much to see this happen.

And welcome to the board!!

Arazante
10-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Was that on "Animal Precinct"? I saw something very familiar on that show where a dog had a frame stuck around it's neck. I personally hate the food dish test. I would be pretty POed, too, if someone start dragging my plate of food across the room or touching my face while I was trying to eat. I understand why they do it, I guess, but it comes down to a factor with me that if a dog is food possessive then maybe it shouldn't be fed around guests or children should learn not to pester the dog while it's eating.

Last year around this time the Humane Society refused to give away black cats because there's so many "pranks" that happen during Halloween. It's awful what people do to animals, but we do have an organization out there that's trying to help.

So, I'm trying to leave this off on a good note: Welcome!

DogMom
10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
if a dog is food possessive then maybe it shouldn't be fed around guests or children should learn not to pester the dog while it's eating.

Like I said, the test is not solely to identify food possession or aggression. Food is used simply because it is most desirable (for taste and smell). Ultimately, it's to determine aggression towards items the animal wants (toys, food, clothes, etc). You're right, don't feed the animal around guests, children or other animals. But what happens when the dog takes a toy or a cookie from the hand of a child and the child goes and takes the item back? Or what happens if the family is enjoying popcorn and a movie and the dog comes to the child to eat out of her bowl??

When you have dogs like this, they almost need to stay secluded from everyone else all the time. You have to keep them as yard pets and not family members.

petcare
08-20-2008, 06:30 AM
I also love pets. Some people do very cruel behave with animals and enjoy this shameful act. They deserve to be punished. Any ways... thanks for your post and sharing with us.

layla17
08-20-2008, 08:09 AM
It's horrible to think about what some horrible people do to their pets. People who can't treat animals decently should be able to own any pets.

youbetcha1018
10-15-2008, 02:06 PM
I hate animal cruelty, there was a St Bernard ( dog ) on TV last nite and someone put a wooden frame aroung his neck. The vet got it off but he has to pass tests to see how agressive he was, the lady gave him a treat and that was fine but then the silly lady had to get it out of his mouth, how stupid is that? I mean, you'd never give a treat to a dog and then try to take it out, no wonder he snapped at her!!!! I mean, If I was eating a biscit you would not take it straight out of my mouth would you? The poor thing had to be put down, just cuz he snapped at a stupid woman who stuck her fingers in his mouth to take away his lovley treat.
She was meant to be a professional vet! She's a professional loser!

Another time, I was watching animal rescue, someone stupid threw a firework and a Jack Russel Dog thought it was a stick and caught it and it exploded in his mouth! Owch huh?

Last year, I think a cat was thrown into a bonfire at hallowe'en.
It died, But the poor thing was soooo ugly when it showed on the news.:(

This is CRUELTY!!! Some people enjoy it when they see animals being tortured. Those people who does these things must be ashamed of themselves! :x

laddiecat
10-15-2008, 08:17 PM
It makes me sick, how people are can be so, so, so, mindless... Terrrible... CRULETY!

lizzy25
11-12-2010, 04:41 AM
this is absolutely crazy! some people are just so heartless. they don't understand and no heart for animals. I hate to hear stories like this...I can't imagine how some people are just too rude.

benot6418
01-04-2011, 05:17 AM
There are many different reasons why individuals abuse animals. Animal cruelty covers a wide range of actions (or lack of action), so one blanket answer simply isn't possible. Each type of abuse has displayed certain patterns of behavior that we can use to help understand more about why people commit the crimes we encounter today.

jerremy255
06-12-2011, 09:20 PM
We need you on our side! You donít have to be a cop, a lawyer or a judge to fight animal cruelty. All you need is the courage to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.