PDA

View Full Version : YAH!!!

DogMom
08-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I think I got the job at the Animal Shelter!!!! The Detective running my application called me yesterday saying he had called to verify my highschool diploma but they told him that no one under that name attended there. He said he knew I graduated from there because he already verified my college degree (and you have to have a highschool diploma for college). But he had to have it verified anyway. So I called the high school and cleared it all up (he asked for me with my married name--he hadn't realized I put my maiden name on the app too). Then he called me later and said he was calling my references and was confused on one.

Okay, I got a kick out of this one. He asked about so and so and said under occupation I put (city) ACO........he said no one in the office knew what ACO stood for.

Um.......errr.......Animal Control Officer perhaps???

So my ACO friend called me this afternoon and said he called her and they talked for about 45 minutes. She said he told her that I sound like the kind of person they need out there. And she felt pretty confident he was going to call me about the job.

I'm trying not to get too excited but it's so hard. It'll be a lot easier for me there than at the clinic I was at. A lot of what I've learned I've done so by the shelter supervisor--who is on the same path with the few of us who think vaccinations cause more harm than good and so on and so forth.

So it'll be really nice if I get this job. Not to mention, I'd be employed by the city (NICE pay and excellent benefits). LOL

countrychic10
08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh wow! Congrats!!! Keeping all my fingers crossed for you on this one :)

DogMom
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Well I had my interview on the 23rd and a few days later I got a letter in the mail thanking me for my application and after careful consideration I ranked 7 out of the other 22 applicants and they'd be putting my application on file for future consideration.

So I was a little bummed.

Well then today I get this phone call from the police department setting up my polygraph exam. So a little confused I mentioned the letter to this officer who called.

I'm such a dork. I forgot I applied for two positions--one as the kennel worker (taking care of the animals) and the other as an officer. The letter I got was about the officer position. The polygraph exam is for the worker position (which is the one I REALLY wanted).

So no date on my exam yet but she said if I could get the pre-questionaire returned this week the exam could be set up for next week.

Fingers still crossed!!!!!!

(the question asking if I've ever experimented with marijuana--does that one hit I took once like 10 years ago count as experimented???? LMAO)

celtechfarms
09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
lol, just remember, its all in the way you precieve the question as to weather the poly knows if your lieing, lmao

DogMom
09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! So if I "lie" on a question and he asks me to explain it, will "I perceived the question incorrectly" count as a viable explanation????

celtechfarms
09-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Jerry Sinfeild says yep, lol

DogMom
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :D

I got a call last week from the police department. The lady said that with my background with the shelter, my knowledge and education, the Chief didn't feel it was necessary to go ahead with the polygraph. She said he also felt since I was so honest on the questionnaire (I admitted to having tried marijuana way back in the day) that there was probably no need for it. She said everyone who fills those things out make themselves out to be little angels. I figured, there's no reason to lie. I am a little :twisted: sometimes. LOL Hey, to work at an animal shelter that gets 600+ animals per month, you have to be a little loopy sometime. LOL

Anyway. I'm so excited!!!! I go in to get fitted for my uniform next week and my first day will be the 24th. Yippee!!!!

celtechfarms
09-15-2007, 07:12 AM
CONGRADS!!!! Thats Awsome, your very lucky, good job girl!!

Arazante
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Congrats! :)

TrueHeart
09-21-2007, 01:35 AM
congrats! to U :)

DogMom
09-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Well, this is it......I start in about an hour. No uniform yet but I bought a new pair of boots and a black polo to wear until my uniform comes in. The shoes were kinda hard to decide what to get. But I went with steal toe, non-slip, water proof boots. And they are "slick" leather so I'll be able to easily wipe any crap off (literally). LOL

Kinda thinking the black polo wasn't a great idea--sure it might hide any stains or dirt and whatnot but it makes it so dang obvious just how badly I need a tan!!!! LMAO

Emma Rose Roberts
11-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Well done! Lets hope you do!