PDA

View Full Version : Hound mix

mypet
06-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Can anyone explain what is "hound mix"? I am new to the dog world and so is this silly question. Does it mean Bassett Hound mix? Thanks in advance!

countrychic10
06-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Not a silly question...a hound mix..is a mixed breed dog (mutt) that has hound in it.

Here is a list of the AKC Hound group:

https://www.akc.org/breeds/hound_group.cfm

A hound mix can be a mix of several different hounds...just two different hounds or some other type of breed mixed with a hound breed.

Basically, just a mutt with some sort of hound in the background. :)

mypet
06-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Thank you, countrychic10. I got it :D . Slowly, i am learning more about dogs. Thanks to AF and to my fellow members.

countrychic10
06-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Just takes time.....If I was you I would put the AKC on my fav list online. It's full of breed specific info, info on dog sports and even legislation concerning pets. :) Not to mention they have an online store where you can get all sorts of doggie goodies :)

mypet
06-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the info. I will add AKC site to my favorites. Thanks!

BelleKitty
06-02-2011, 12:15 PM
I really enjoy looking at mutts and trying to determine what breed attributes they have... a lot like looking at humans and figuring out their heritage! ;)

ntn103
07-20-2012, 10:53 PM
nything mixed with a hound breed. Could be a beagle mix, coonhound mix, etc.

Since it's a mix, you can't generalize what it will be like. Also, a lot will be up to you andhow well you socialize it with other nice dogs and people.

If you already have a dog in your home and want to bring in a new dog, just make sure you go with the opposite sex of what you already have. Male/Female pairings usually get on better than male/male or female/female.

epetclubindia
10-16-2012, 05:03 AM
The hounds are the original hunting dogs

http://www.petclubindia.com/dog-breeds/

cezik
12-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Metis (French, singular m├ętis, from pozdnelat. Misticius - mixed, from Lat. Misceo - mix) - the descendants of the different breeds of dogs

----------------------------------

And get a job feeding stray animals
collect donations for the organization of animal shelter
Z416681248214

aaronwatson
07-15-2014, 01:29 AM
A hound mix is a dog that has part hound in him. Hounds are generally very good dogs. A little stubborn but good. It's impossible to say how the dog will act though as you don't know what else is in his mix. Just go to the shelter, meet the dog, have your dog meet the dog and go from there.