PDA

View Full Version : twitching and jerking involuntarily !!!

gsoul2soul
05-17-2007, 03:55 PM
HELP me... I'm back again (Softy has some weird thing going on)

Now you all know, she had some problem with stomach... she is well, but her appetite is still sketchy (I mean, for a dog who was greedy, she has gone really slow)

And couple of days I have seen this weird thing happening:

She Twitches and Jerks her "Left front paw" and "right hind leg"
for like 5 or 6 minutes... she keeps doing these movements on air.

And after that she is okay... now is something REALLY WRONG?

Damn... I'm so stressed.

gsoul2soul
05-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Now I'm scared... all this symptoms from past, her jerky movements now leads to "Distemper" (there is a possibility... right?)

I have another dog, should i isolate her from "softy" ?

And what shall I do now? Can a dog be treated who has distemper?

Shit... I'm so low.

countrychic10
05-17-2007, 04:13 PM
If your concerned about the possibility of disease or infection (distemper) then I would go and see a Vet ASAP! He would be able to diagonse your problem and let you know if there is a risk to your other pets or not. I wish you the best of luck..keep us posted.

gsoul2soul
05-19-2007, 01:11 AM
well the VET examined "Softy" and apparently she doesn't have the dreaded "distemper"... She is eating, barking, responding well to calls and her paws and nose is wet, not hard :)

Anyways I did have my other dog vaccinated for it... can you imagine the previous dog trainer / vet... had just given the Rabies shot.

Sometimes you need to check on the VET report and the vaccine list yourself... How could they neglect. :shock:

countrychic10
05-19-2007, 08:51 AM
So happy everything is okay. :D

As far as vet's go...lol I treat them just like I do my kids Dr. I double check everything and I make the calls on what is and is not done with my babies (both skin & furkids :))

One thing people should always keep in mind, vets are human too and just like the rest of us they DO make mistakes, so it is your responsibility to double check and ask questions concerning your pet's medical care.