PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!Please Help!

invisible69
05-22-2004, 11:20 PM
i have a medium-sized mutt about 7 yrs old who had sugery for a torn cranial cruciate ligament(on hind leg) last fall. She recovered fully with only a slight limp and is taking arthiritis medicine. Just recently, she will be walking and start yelping and screaming for 5-10 minutes, holding her front paw up and crying. She seems to shake her head a lot before she starts screaming, and it is now hard for her just to walk around or lie down. I don't have any money at the moment (my family cannot afford much of anything right now) and i don't know what to do, they wouldn't let me take her to the vet yet, but she is in soo much pain!!! Her episodes happen 3-4 times a day. Does anyone know what this could possibly be? I thought maybe a pinched nerve, but i'm not sure...Please Help!

newfiemom
05-23-2004, 10:01 AM
If I were you, I would get in touch with the vet who performed her surgury, and explain your situation, chances are he will understand and see your dog, as this could be from the surgury itself. The pain could be coming from the shouldar, either arthritis or nerve, but contact the vet, you might be able to work something out. Your dog is telling you it hurts, and could be muscle as well. My newfie has arthritis and joint problems, and she was limping on her right front foot, and the pain was up in her shoulddar, and we took her to an emergency hospital on a sunday, big bucks, and they put her on pain medication, which was a miracle drug in 2 days. I think with her, she pulled her shouldar muscles or ligament chasina a cat outside. The medication was Deromax.

invisible69
05-23-2004, 01:19 PM
thanks

newfiemom
05-25-2004, 12:01 PM
How did you make out with your dog?

newfiemom
06-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Invisible69, How did u make out with your dog?